A quest is a search. I suppose there are many types of quests: knowledge, search of one’s true nature, for God, connection to this time and place. I wrote several months ago a list of life aspirations. Accomplishments that I would like to look back on some day. I pulled the list and created a menu category so it would be a beacon of sorts to remind me that there is more to this existence than the last list of must do’s.
This is the original list I wrote. I hope to add more quests and eventually post pictures as some are accomplished.
I want to:
see the ocean. September 2021
- grow a proper herb garden.
- learn to be a proper photographer.
- write something that is published.
see a Redwood tree. September 2021
- see an iceberg.
- stay in a tee-pee hotel.
ride a trainSeptember 2021
- sleep on satin sheets.
- drink from a coconut
Walk on a beachSeptember 2021
- learn to use chopsticks
- make pasta from scratch
- build a sand castle
- survive a silent retreat at the Abbey of Gethsemani
- visit Washington D.C.
see a desert at nightSeptember 2021
- throw a dart at a map and go
drive route 66…or at least part of itSeptember 2018, September 2021
- see the aurora borealis
- see New England in the fall
see Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse MonumentSeptember 2018 see Badlands National ParkSeptember 2018
- see a Vincent Van Gogh artwork
- see Galilee
- see the Statue of Liberty
- play golf
- make a piece of pottery
- walk a part of the Appalachian Trail
- Mardi Gras in New Orleans
still be awake when the new year arrives2020
- learn to paint and be happy enough to hang the work on my wall
- graduate my kids James May 2022,
go on an epic road tripSeptember 2018, September 2021
- eat at a Triple D restaurant
see Bear Lodge (Devil’s Tower)September 2018 own my blog2018
- knit something with yarn that I made from my rabbits.